Friday, January 02, 2009

Clean Laundry Radar (and Happy New Year... a little late)

Happy New Year (a day or so late!) I'm still home in Bonita for the holidays, but I go back in just a few days. I can't believe how fast time flies.

Anyway, since I've been home for a while, I've had to do laundry. With all of us (my sister, her boyfriend and me), I had to finish the load of towels my mom started before I could finish my own load. The second I walked in from the garage, Sophie, our cat came walking down the hall. She absolutely loves laundry fresh from the dryer (especially dark clothes which she gets her light hair all over!) And we've noticed that no matter where she is or what she's doing, she knows exactly when the laundry is coming out of the dryer. We call it her clean laundry radar.

And given the chance, she will sit on the laundry as you fold it. Sophie (being her usual self) followed me to the master bedroom where I went to fold the towels. I knew she was going to try to sit on what I folded so I purposely started with a big towel (a pink one that you can barely see behind the basket) that she could sit on. Here's what happened while I was folding the other towel for her:





Did I mention that she gets very territorial with laundry? If you try to take it away from her, she makes this throaty growly noise and often tries to bite you. So instead of moving her, I ran for my camera :-)

And here's one more of her that I took on Christmas:


She loves to be warm, so my mom bought her a warming bed. It's currently on the fireplace (and not plugged in). She slept in it a lot since all the people took over her usual spots (on the sofa or in the chair with the nice warm blankets).

No comments: