Monday, January 05, 2009

Monday Music Mania: Quincy Jones

For those of you who've read my Monday Music Mania posts or my other ramblings on music may have noticed that I tend to associate songs with memories. When I listen to a certain song or album, it brings up very vivid memories for me. I don't know why it is that certain memories get cemented to certain songs and albums when I listen to them many times. Anyway, for me music is a complete experience beyond just listening. I not only listen, I enjoy, re-live memories, and often times sing along :-)

Anyway, the reason for my ramblings is that for the next few weeks, I plan to focus my Monday Music Mania posts on artists/albums that bring back memories from childhood, particularly those from winter times.

This week's spotlight is on Quincy Jones. When I was in elementary school, my parents took us out of school for 2 weeks after our winter break to go skiing (of course we'd take all our homework along). Instead of flying, though, we'd drive from San Diego to Utah or Colorado. One of the tapes (yes, tapes) we listened to a lot during those long car trips was Quincy Jones's The Dude. I included some of my favorites from that album (along with one other) on this week's playlist.

Enjoy!



MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com


No comments: