Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Do-Re-Mi!


So, along with photography, music is and has been a large part of my life for many years. I can't even tell you how many times I've seen the musical The Sound of Music and sung along. I grew up participating in choirs and such. Once I got to high school, I even joined the show choir! I spent two years in the all-girls group, Sound Unlimited, and one in the mixed show choir, The Music Machine (shown in the picture above which I borrowed from showchoir.com as I only have hard copies.) Bonus points if you can figure out which one is me lol. While the clique-y girls drove me nuts at times, I love to sing and we even had the opportunity to travel to Europe and perform in various venues (schools, retirement homes, and even in a pub/brewery lol). In fact, I can say that I am a member of the first show choir to ever perform at EuroDisney!

Before I took up singing, there were piano lessons (starting at age 6) which I truly wish I had continued. I discovered jazz in college and so wished I could be a jazz musician, but I just don't have the talent...sigh. I later attempted to learn guitar, but haven't kept up with that either. I still have my guitar though. Yet another hobby to work with:)

Now my involvement is usually limited to discovering new bands and music that I love...and singing along in the car of course!

In the spirit of the music post, I thought I would include some misheard song lyrics from two different sources noted below. Enjoy!


From "He's Got The Whole World In His Pants...And other misheard
song lyrics"

Song: Aretha Franklin's "A Natural Woman"
Misheard Lyric: You make me feel like a rash on a woman
Correct Lyric:
You make me feel like a natural woman

Song: Wham's "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go"
Misheard Lyric: Wake me up and make me cocoa
Correct Lyric: Wake me up before you go-go

Song: Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart"
Misheard Lyric: Totally blitzed by a fart
Correct Lyric: Total eclipse of the heart

Song: Simon and Garfunkel's "Mrs. Robinson"
Misheard Lyric: Here's to you Mrs. Robinson/She's a slut more than you will know
Correct Lyric: Here's to you Mrs. Robinson/Jesus loves you more than you will
know

Song: The Beatles' "I'm Looking Through You"
Misheard Lyric: I'm looking through you and your underwear
Correct Lyric: I'm looking through you and you're nowhere

Song: Unlce Remus' "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah"
Misheard Lyric: It's the truth, it's sexual
Correct Lyric: It's the truth, it's actual

Song: Ini Kamoze's "Here Comes the Hotstepper"
Misheard Lyric: I'm the leprechaun gangster
Correct Lyric: I'm the lyrical gangster

Song: The Four Tops' "I Can't Help Myself"
Misheard Lyric: Sugar-pie, honey butt
Correct Lyric: Sugar-pie, honey-bunch

And a special Christmas bonus from "Deck the Halls With Buddy Holly...and other
misheard Christmas lyrics"...


Song: "Santa Baby"
Misheard Lyric: Jeff's disabled under the tree
Correct Lyric: Just slip a sable under the tree

Song: "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing"
Misheard Lyric: Pees on earth, and then he smiles
Correct Lyric: Peace on earth, and mercy mild

Song: "Winter Wonderland"
Misheard Lyric: Walkin' in a woman's underwear
Correct Lyric: Walkin' in a winter wonderland

3 comments:

Sam said...

LOLOL!!!
These lyrics are a hoot!
My daughter started singing a Jame's Blount song - No more Playmobile, no Playmobile! She sang in the supermarket when I told her she couldn't have a playmobile toy.
The song was playing in the loudspeakers.
I cracked up and gave her the toy.
I still have no idea what the real lyrics are.

Kelley Nyrae said...

I love music and lyrics!! They play a big part of my life as well.

Michelle B said...

I'm more likely to mishear the lyrics than hear them correctly these days. It's so nuts, but hey then we can sing what we want to sing:) I don't think my mistakes have been quite so amusing though! When I saw the one one book in the bookstore, I went looking for the others. Now I have 3 somewhere floating around...

And Kelley, lyrics are just like quotes to me! I just have to be careful if I want to quote from songs because I sometimes end up with the whole song lol.