Also, if you haven't voted in my photo project poll, I'd appreciate it if you could go to my blog post here (http://lilikoi44.blogspot.com/2008/02/sticky-post-photo-project-poll.html) and vote for which photo I should use to create a photo canvas! If you vote and leave a comment on that post, you'll be entered to win some of my photo stuff I have floating around my place.
Anyway, here are 13 of my favorite movies...
1. Monsters, Inc. I think Monsters, Inc holds the record for movies I've seen the most times in the theater (possible tie noted in #9). I lost track after the 5th time, though. I just love Sully, Mike, and Boo. Sully being my favorite color might have something to do with it too:)
2. Rush Hour I didn't go in expecting to love this, but boy did I! This along with #3 holds my record for most times I've seen a movie on DVD.
3. Rush Hour 2 I've seen this Rush Hour more times on DVD than I have the first Rush Hour movie. In fact, at one time, I was watching it so often, I had memorized half the lines in the movie! LOL. I can still say the lines along with the characters in some scenes.
4. Cars I love Disney-Pixar films. I wasn't too sure about Cars since I'm not a big race fan, but I just loved it. I saw this one 3 times in the theater:)
5. The Green Mile I didn't really know what to expect when I went into this movie. I honestly don't even know what made me choose to see it. Had I known I would sob uncontrollably through most of it, I probably wouldn't have seen it. I'm glad I did, however, because it was an incredibly moving film.
6. The Usual Suspects My sister and I saw this one together when it first opened. It was the only movie playing at a convenient time, and though neither of us had heard a thing about it, we decided to give it a try. I remember telling her that I was going to blame her if it stunk. It didn't. We both loved it!
7. The Cutting Edge Yes, I know it's cheesy, but it combines my love of skating with my love of romance. I still watch this one periodically:)
8. Just Like Heaven I saw this playing in the store last night when I was shopping for Valentine's cards. I really like this movie! I'm thinking of adding it to my collection:)
9. Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl I think I saw POTC: Curse of the Black Pearl the same amount of times in the theater as I saw Monsters, Inc. I went in with low expectations just wanting to see any movie that day. I was blown away. I like the sequels as well, but this one is my favorite of the three.
10. Superman 2 My dad was a big fan of the Superman movies, so we had the first 3 on Laser Disc (yes, Laser Disc...we had a laser disc player long before we had a VCR). My sister loved watching the first one over and over again, but the second one is still my favorite.
11. The Sound of Music Another one I've loved for ages. I watched it over and over growing up. It was one of my mom's favorites and we had it on Laser Disc.
12. Pete’s Dragon I've loved this movie since I was a kid. I was so happy when Disney released the soundtrack on CD a few years back!
13. Iron Eagle I can't remember the first time I saw this movie, though I do remember it was on TV. It made me want to learn how to be a fighter pilot (even though I'm way too wimpy to fly in combat). I'd still love to learn, but these days I'd settle for a simulator. I thought about trying the one at the Mall of America when I was there in November, but I just didn't have time:( Maybe someday!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants