Thursday, July 05, 2007

Gila Bend Welcomes You...

I can't remember if I've mentioned this here, but I'm moving to the Phoenix, Arizona in about 6 weeks for a new job. My mom and I have driven out there a couple of times to find an apartment and then pick up the keys. This last time, I stopped at a few places to take some photos. I've also taken a few photos here in Bonita this week as well, so I'll be posting those as I get time.

For now, I thought I'd start with the picture of the sign that welcomes visitors to Gila Bend. Gila Bend is the town we drive through to get on 85 which takes us from Interstate 8 up to Interstate 10 and into Phoenix. Anyway, when I actually read the whole sign, it cracked me up.

So here are a couple of shots of the sign entering town from the west. There's a similar welcome sign when you enter the town from the east...



"Gila Bend Welcomes You. Home of 1700 friendly people and 5 old crabs."

No comments: