Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Little Bit...Obsessive?

It's been over a month since I bought the new Maroon 5 CD, It Won't Be Soon Before Long, and it's still pretty much constantly in my CD player. I tend to get obsessed with new CDs that I buy (as long as it's not too disappointing after a few times through the whole CD). I play it over and over and over again until I get tired of it. Sometimes I even repeat one song over and over again as well as the entire CD. Then I move on to either another new CD or an older CD I haven't listened to for a little while.

My mom recently drove to Arizona with me to go apartment hunting, and on the way home (about 6 hours), the Maroon 5 CD never stopped playing. I think it drove my mom a little nuts LOL! She asked me once if I wanted to change the music (when we switched drivers), but I told her I was happy the way it was. I varied the music on the drive over, but once we hit Phoenix until we got home 4 days later, it was all Maroon 5.

Don't get me wrong. I have times when I have music ADD and constantly change CDs trying to find the perfect fit for my mood. But when I really like a CD, I tend to get a bit obsessive about it. I think part of it is that I love to sing along, so I listen to the songs over and over to learn the lyrics. But even after I know all the words, I listen to the songs over and over again.

So it made me wonder, am I the only one who does this? Does anyone else listen to CDs almost obsessively?

No comments: