Monday, July 17, 2006

Route 66 'Tribute' Progress & Some Photos

I've been going through my photos of the Route 66 photos I have and it's been quite interesting. I've learned that taking photos at night is still something I need to play around with and that I probably should invest in a tripod soon. I find myself wishing I had one multiple times in a week.

Not that during the day was much better. It's been so bright lately, not to mention smoky thanks to the wildfires, so the sky is a bit blah in the daytime shots. If I wasn't moving soon, I'd wait for that "perfect" day to get the shots. Oh well. The 'project' is coming along, though.

I got some other shots while out and about this weekend. Nothing all that fantastic, but I thought I'd share anyway:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found these flowers while waiting for cars to leave so I could get a shot of an interesting gas pump...




When we arrived in San Diego, it was really odd. The fog was starting to roll in and it was much cooler than the 106 degrees it had been at my apartment! Here are some shots taken from the driveway up the street and of the sky...




4 comments:

Mailyn said...

me once again just to say how much I LOVE your pictures! they are awesome :-)

Stacy~ said...

Gorgeous Michelle. I can practically smell the flowers LOL. Oh, and I always look to see what images I can see in your cloud pictures - I love doing that.

Michelle B said...

Thanks Mailyn & Stacy:) I am getting really into keeping an eye out for things to photograph these days!

And Stacy, I found myself doing that today with some of the clouds in the sky. We had crazy weather. It was cool and actually rained this morning and then it got hot:/

Kelley Nyrae said...

Love the flowers. They are beautiful. I'm with Stacy, I can practically smell them.