Thursday, February 26, 2009

World Champion!

Sorry about the lack of posts lately! I've been really busy and then tired when not busy. I've been trying to get some more Monday Music Mania posts together, but haven't been too successful to finish before Mondays the last few weeks.

Anyway, last weekend, I went to see Summer compete at the Scottish Highland Athletic Games here in Phoenix and it just so happened to be the Women's World Championship. Did I mention Summer was the reigning World Champion (twice over) going in? Well she won her third and will (hopefully) be going for her 4th a year from now! Woo hoo!

Anyway, I'm not great at people photography, and I was pretty far away for a lot of these photos, but I figured I would post what I ended up with anyway. Enjoy :-)
*************************************************************************************

Throwing Weight Over Bar...




Trying to turn the caber (she succeeded all 3 times!)




Satisfaction after turning the caber

Waiting for the awards to begin...

It's official!

Summer is the 3-time (in a row) World Champion!

No comments: