Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #6: Some Favorite Songs

I love music! It offers me an outlet for my emotions when I just don't feel like confiding in anyone or when I just feel blah for no particular reason. Since I've moved, I've slacked off with my Monday Music Mania (where I post about music I enjoy), but I think I may start that up again! For now, I thought I would list 13 of my favorite songs. I have many more than 13 favorites, but I figured I would list 13 of the songs from my CD collection.

I must warn you, I have pretty eclectic taste. I tried to choose primarily songs that are not as mainstream, so you may discover some new tunes:) Thanks to imeem, I'm posting clips of the songs (and in a few cases, the entire song), so you can at least get a feel for the songs. I wish I could upload the entire song in all cases, but the only alternative to avoid the imeem permission issue was creating video files with just audio and the size limitations degraded the quality of the MP3s more than I wanted to tolerate. Okay, enough rambling from me...On with the list!


Thirteen of Michelle B's Favorite Songs

1. Writing to Reach You by Travis


2. Spread Love by Take 6


3. Zombie Jamboree by Rockapella


4. Never Going to Give You Up by BBMak


5. I Can Tell by BBMak


6. Love of My Own by Eric Benet


7. Keep It Loose, Keep It Tight by Amos Lee


8. Looking for an Echo by The Persuasions


9. The Beginning by BBMak


10. State of Grace by Seal


11. Colour by Seal


12. Just Like You Said by Seal


13. Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your choices of songs! :) Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Another song list! I did the same.

Thanks for providing samples.

#13 is one I grew up with and will likley make it on my r&b list when I get around to that.

Happy TT,

~X

impwork said...

One thing I like about TT is being reminded of songs I'd forgotten in this case Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers. Great list :-)

Anonymous said...

Good list! I love #13