Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas San Diego Style!


Merry Christmas
Or Happy Holidays if you celebrate something other than Christmas.

As many of you know, I grew up in Bonita, California which is a suburb of San Diego. Even though I no longer live in Bonita, I spend Christmas there with my parents each year. For the past 2 years, I've driven by the Christmas decoration in the photo above.

I've wanted a photo since the first time I saw it, but I either never had my camera or didn't have time to go back home to get it. I finally remembered my camera and found a break in the rain to get the shot this year. To me it's the perfect way to represent a San Diego Christmas :-)

As I was taking photos, the woman who lives in the house came out and told me it was made by a local artist who lived just down the street. When he and his family moved a few years back, it was too big/heavy to get in the truck and so they left it with the neighbors!

See my posts below to see some favorite holiday songs and photos of decorations at my house :-)

No comments: