Friday, December 22, 2006

Interesting Holiday Questions

This was making the rounds earlier and I thought it was interesting and festive for the season. It's taken me a while, but I'm finally answering it:)


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Definitely Hot Chocolate. I'm addicted and drink it even when it's hot outside:P

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

Um, well in my experience just sits them under the tree, though I've never personally been Santa myself.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

Both, though I think colored are a lot more fun:)

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

Er, nope.

5. When do you put your decorations up?

I'm lucky if they get up at all when I'm on my own LOL.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

Not sure, stuffing or mashed potatoes I guess.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:

Oh man, I don't know. I guess I'd pick when Santa came by the house to deliver one present personally on Christmas Eve. That was so cool!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

Can't remember how old I was, but after a while, I realized that Santa's handwriting always looked a lot like either my mom's or dad's...

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

I used to as a child, but not most years now that I'm an adult.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?

Well, my sister got us going more in the "designer" tree direction, but I like the good old fashioned colored lights and sentimental ornaments...

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?

Love it! But that's probably because I don't live in it, just visit from time to time.

12. Can you ice skate?

Yep! It's one of my favorite things to do:) I haven't gone in a while, but I took lessons a while back and even have my own skates.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

That I gave or received? Gave would have to be the year my sister and I chipped in and bought my parents a weekend getaway at a Bed and Breakfast place in the Mountains in Big Bear.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

Being with my family!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

Frosted sugar cookies!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Christmas Caroling, though I haven't done it in years. The block I grew up on (and where my parents still live) used to have a Christmas caroling party every year. We'd go around the neighborhood caroling and then go to someone's house to enjoy yummy treats, fun with friends and even a visit from Santa!

17. What tops your tree?

It depends year to year...

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?

Definitely giving. I tend to go totally overboard, but I love it!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

Um, I dunno. The Chipmunk Christmas song? LOL!

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?

Nice to look at, but not yummy to eat.

No comments: