Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #22: Thirteen Things on My "Bucket List"

I've thought about starting a "Bucket List" ever since I saw the previews for the movie with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. After seeing the movie last weekend with my parents, I decided to make it my Thursday Thirteen this week!

Here are 13 things from my "Bucket List" (i.e. 13 things I want to do before I die)...


Thirteen Things from Michelle B's Bucket List


1. Take flying lessons. I go back and forth between fixed wing air plane and helicopter lessons. I never really thought about helicopters, though, until my first helicopter ride back in 2001. I loved it!

2. Fly a fighter plane in a simulator. Though I never wanted to join the military, I always wanted the chance to fly a fighter plane growing up. I used to watch the Iron Eagle movies over and over! A flight simulator is about the closest I'm going to get! I feel so weird having 2 flying things on my list since I'm a bit afraid of heights. I do love to fly though (and am perfectly fine on commercial flights).

3. See the Matterhorn in Switzerland. I've been to Switzerland, but didn't make it to the Matterhorn.

4. Travel to each of the 50 states. So far I've been to 22 (not including those that I've only seen via their airports). A couple I've only driven through and made brief stops, but hey, as long as I've stopped and not just flown over, I've counted it.

5. Take a cruise around the Hawaiian Islands stopping at each one (for photo ops!) I've been to Oahu, but not any of the other islands, so I listed it separately from #4.

6. Make a meaningful difference in some one's life (even if I don't know it!)

7. Inspire someone who previous didn't like math to enjoy math and maybe even think of a math related career. (A difficult one, but hey, I'm thinking big!)

8. See the pyramids and other ancient ruins in Egypt.

9. Visit the ruins at Machu Picchu.

10. Own my own home. I've always wanted to own a home, but living in California, that was just a distant dream because of the cost of homes. Now I'm in Arizona, and it looks like it may happen before the year is out. Now I just have to find the perfect house for me:-)

11. Own/Lease a Porsche...at least for a short while. A Porsche Carrera has always been my dream car, but my practical side says it'd be a nightmare to own one. I'd be so paranoid for someone to scratch it or steal it. Not to mention the repair costs. But at least for a short while, I'd like to own my dream car before I die :-)

12. Do something on a grand scale to thank my parents for all their love and support throughout my life.

13. Write a book about my family history.




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



5 comments:

K. said...

What a great idea for a list, and some wonderful things on that list.

But Iron Eagle - now THERE'S a blast from the past! I don't think those movies ever made me want to fly, but I did think about wanting to marry Jason Gedrick for a minute or two...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting. Your list is so much more inspirational than my snarkiness about my non-promotion.

#6 is one of mine too, and the real reason I am an educator.

Unknown said...

Excellent list and many great things to accomplish. Nice theme for T13 this week.

Lazy Daisy said...

Cute Bucket list....I think everyone should have a list of things to do. Many sound really "do-able".

Anonymous said...

I'd love to do some of those too.