While going through and creating a playlist on imeem (for the post below), I got inspired to do a TT on artists I've seen live in concert. I barely got to 13, but I did get there. Here it is...
1. Mana when I visited Irapuato, Mexico the summer after my junior year in high school. It was quite an adventure for a sheltered 16-year-old!
2. Seal with my sister the summer after my freshman year in college. I love Seal!
3. Des'ree, who opened for Seal at the concert in #2.
4. Travis at the Universal Amphitheater. I went by myself and had a blast!
5. Maroon 5 various times. My favorite shows have to be my first experience with them (see #6) and also the time I was one of just a few to go to a private show when they first created their fan club S.I.N. Haven't seen them in ages though.
6. Michelle Branch at the Roxy. It was a great show (if a bit cramped) and where I had my first Maroon 5 experience.
7. BBMak also multiple times. BBMak is no longer together, but I still listen to their music. I also discovered some great friends through our mutual love of BBMak music. A BBMak concert (at the release party for their second album) was my one and only experience with the infamous Viper Room.
8. The Village People, who despite being listed as #8 are probably my favorite group of all time to see in concert. I've seen them twice (at a radio show and at Disney's California Adventure) and wish I could see them again. Their shows are so much fun!
9. Kool & the Gang, who were a bit of a disappointment, even though they weren't bad. As I've mentioned before, they just aren't the same without J.T. Taylor. I had one chance to see them with J.T. Taylor, but I didn't want to miss my Jazz History class. Sometimes it sucks to be a conscientious student.
10. Chic, who I saw at the disco radio show at the Hollywood Bowl along with The Village People and Kool & the Gang. What I remember most about that night is the parking nightmare.
11. Patrick McKeone, who I discovered while feeding my other addiction (books) at Borders in grad school. His live music captivated me and I ended up closing down the Borders listening to his show!
12. Jessica Riddle, who opened for BBMak when I saw them on their national tour after their first album release.
13. Wynton Marsalis at the spur of the moment as a freshman in college. My freshman dorm had gone into San Francisco and a group of guys had planned to head over to the concert after dinner. They had an extra ticket and I said I'd take it; one of very few spontaneous things I've ever done!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants