Happy TT everyone!
1. Hot takes on a whole new meaning (116 degrees anyone?)
2. You consider it "cooling off" when it's only 90-100 degrees outside and downright chilly when it gets below 80.
3. Your driver's license doesn't expire until you're a senior citizen (mine expires in 2041).
4. I actually have to wear sunglasses which I have never done regularly before.
5. The TV schedule is so funky...some things are shown according to central time and some things aren't (it depends on the station).
6. Fighting for parking means vying for the one shady spot even if it's the farthest spot from the store.
7. You have to worry about finding scorpions in your classroom. Someone found 2 babies in the room across from me just this week!
8. You need gloves to touch your steering wheel in the summer (even when you put up the sunshade).
9. The crickets are everywhere!
10. You can actually get a table at most restaurants without waiting (or with a very short wait) on a Friday or Saturday in the summer between 5pm and 7pm.
11. If you order deodorant via the mail, they won't leave your package outside because it might melt.
12. You can't leave anything in the car in the summer or it might melt.
13. You love having the 24-hour stores so you can shop in the wee hours since it's cooler then.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants